Elevate your fleet intelligence with this rugged equipment GPS tracking solution!
The PNT WR SERIES GPS tracking device is specially equipped for heavy-duty equipment with an IP66 rated enclosure to defend against water and dust. It also has a zero current draw sleep mode feature to protect valuable equipment batteries along with many more equipment-specific features.
The rugged IP66 rated case, 2-customizable inputs, and near-zero current draw make the PNT2079WR mini an incredibly robust and flexible GPS tracking device when combined with the advanced features of the AutoConnect GPS dashboard.
Monitoring and Alert Highlights
Live Location / At a glance see where your entire fleet is located on Google Maps (Desktop and Mobile App)!
Real-time Alerts / Get text or email notifications for just about any tracked fleet activity and device tampering!
Vehicle Health / Schedule and manage the health of your equipment fleet pro-actively by calendar and engine hours!
Geofence Landmarks / Create virtual perimeters around any area on the map and record associated activity!
Reporting & Analytics / Gain insight and make better decisions with extensive fleet performance reporting and analytics!
This advanced equipment tracking device is built for extreme environments!
This diminutive yet rugged GPS tracking device is specifically designed for heavy equipment applications. Secure and maintain awareness of your valuable equipment assets in any environment! The rugged IP66 rated case, 2-customizable inputs, and near-zero current draw make the PNT WR SERIES is an incredibly robust and flexible GPS tracking device when combined with the advanced features of the AutoConnect GPS dashboard.
This advanced GPS tracking device is equipped with a built-in backup battery, disconnect alert and near-zero current draw in sleep mode, to protect valuable equipment batteries while still maintaining periodic reporting location, health, and status of equipment assets. The GPS and cellular antennas are built-in and one additional input to track PTO, cargo doors, sensors or any equipment status worth monitoring.
- Hardwired Installation
- Integrated GPS Antenna
- Backup Battery w/Disconnect Alert
- Data Authentication Intelligence ‘Ack-Back’
- Deep Sleep Mode (Ultra Low Current Draw)
- Ignition Detection
- Motion Sensor (Sleep Mode Wake-Up)
- LTE Cat-1 Cellular Modem
- 12 – 24 Volt Application Ready
- 50 Channel GPS Receiver
- Latching Output
- Negative Aux Input (PTO, Door, Sensor, etc.)
- IP66 Rated Case
- Less than 4 oz.
- All Cellular Data (no overages)
- Unlimited Admin Users
- Scheduled Reports
- 12-months Trip History Retention
- Groups (Custom Fleet Hierarchy)
- API Access
- Customer Support
NOTE: If you require professional installation assistance, please contact us: 1.855.287.4477
Download this Document
1) Select in-vehicle device location
This device is equipped with an IP66 dust and water-resistant case making it suitable for a wide range of applications.
- Securely position the device with the correct side pointing skyward. (device label indicates proper orientation)
- Do not cover with metal or position near any source of interference.
- Failure to follow these instructions may result in weak cellular and/or GPS signal and will impact the performance of the device.
Type 1 – GPS Only
2) Connect ignition
In order to function properly, the device needs to be connected to a suitable “True” Ignition source.
- This source has battery voltage whenever the vehicle is turned on and zero volts whenever the vehicle is turned off.
- This source does NOT drop in voltage during crank.
- Connect the White wire to the ignition source.
- This source must operate the same when starting by key or by a remote starter.
- If connecting starter disable, the ignition source must provide sufficient power to trigger the relay.
3) Connect constant power
The device requires a minimum 12Volt constant (Battery Power) on this line to function and up to 24Volts.
- Do not remove/bypass the fuse.
- Connect the Red wire to a constant 12-24V source.
4) Connect ground
For best results, create a new connection to bare-metal chassis ground.
- Do not use a shared ground or supplied ground from any module or device.
- Connect the Black wire to ground.
Type 2 – GPS with Starter Disable (optional)
5) Connect starter disable (optional)
The device prevents the vehicle from starting by triggering a relay to open and disconnect a “Vehicle Start Interrupt Wire”. Starter disable is optional, please check with your supervisor before proceeding.
Connect the device to the relay:
- Connect the Black wire from Relay Harness (86) to the Green wire of the device.
- Connect the White wire from Relay Harness (85) to the White wire of the device.
Connect the relay to the vehicle start interrupt wire (DO NOT USE A WIRE THAT WILL SHUT DOWN THE VEHICLE WHEN RUNNING)
- This is a wire that if cut will prohibit the vehicle from starting by any method.
- Be sure to test after the wire is cut that the vehicle cannot be started AND when reconnected the vehicle starts without fault codes.
- Due to data bus systems on newer vehicles, this wire may not be at the ignition switch.
- Connect the Red wire of the Relay Harness (87a) to one side of the cut Vehicle Start Interrupt Wire.
- Connect the Blue wire of the Relay Harness (30) to the other side of the cut Vehicle Start Interrupt Wire.
6) Test connections
- Ensure Red wire of the device has a constant 12-24 volts .
- Ensure the White wire is a TRUE ignition source. Measure with a multi-meter to ensure voltage does NOT drop out during crank. Should have zero volts when the vehicle is not running.
- Confirm Starter Kill connections. Remove relay from the relay harness. The vehicle should not start by key or by a remote starter.
IMPORTANT! Follow one of the test procedures below:
Call to Test – Call 1.855.287.4477 with the ESN# of the device(s) to test GPS, ignition, and starter kill (if applicable)
Self Test – Login to view and test the device using the instructions below:
a) Confirm vehicle connectivity and GPS location
- Click login on autoconnectgps.com and enter your username and password. A successful login will enable you to see the current location of the device on the website.
- Click on device serial # on the left side of the screen. The asset info box will open on the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Click on the “Asset Commands & Controls” icon located at the top of the Asset Info box.
- Click on command labeled “A – Bulls Eye Position Request”. A successful completion of this command will result in a checkmark being displayed and the current time will update in the “Last Comms” section of the asset info box.
- The vehicle icon on the map should now have a red “dot” below it. If it has an exclamation mark (“!”), it means that the device has “invalid” GPS. In this case, you will need to move the vehicle outside and issue the Bulls Eye request again.
b) Starter disable test (if applicable)
Click on the “Activate Starter after logging into autoconnectgps.com Please see the Starter Kill wiring diagram for recommended wiring. If successful you will not be able to start the vehicle. Click on the “Deactivate Starter Kill” to allow the vehicle to start again.
c) Verify ignition status (if connected)
Ensure the vehicle is running. Once logged into the AutoConnect dashboard,
click on the device serial # on the left side of the screen. The asset info box will open on
the bottom left corner of the screen. Verify that the status of the ignition says “ON“.
The manufacturer warrants to the original purchaser of the AutoConnect GPS product, that the product shall be free from defects in material and workmanship. However, should this product be proven to be defective, within a one year period from the original date of purchase, the manufacturer will, without charge to the purchaser (excluding any charges incurred to have the product delivered to the manufacturer), repair or replace any part of the AutoConnect GPS product which the manufacturer agrees to be defective.
All warranties apply to the original purchaser ONLY. Repairs or replacement of defective items shall remain at the discretion of the manufacturer. All other parts, components, accessories, and/or optional equipment pertaining to the messaging system are not included in the manufacturer’s warranty. This warranty is non-transferable. Request for warranty service from any Factory Authorized Dealer must be accompanied with the original purchase receipt. Failure to comply with any of these conditions may result in the warranty being void and/or refused. This warranty does not cover the following: removal and reinstall labor charges, shipping charges, abuse, misuse, or accidental damages to the automobile, and/or parts thereof. This warranty is void upon modification, repairs, or alterations to any part of the product. The manufacturer does not guarantee or insure against theft of the vehicle or its contents. The manufacturer shall not be held liable for any consequential damages due to a breach of this or any other warranty, expressed or implied. This warranty gives you specific legal rights. Your specific legal rights may vary for each region.
CERTAIN DAMAGES EXCLUDED – The manufacturer expressly disclaims any liability or responsibility for incidental damages caused by the product, including economic loss, loss of use of the product, car rentals, or any other costs relating to the care and custody of the product. The manufacturer disclaims liability or responsibility for any consequential damages caused by the product or resulting from its use, including the cost of repairing or replacing other property damaged by the product or caused by its use, whether or not the product is working properly. The product is intended to deter unauthorized use of the vehicles in which it is installed. The manufacturer does not warrant that the product is fool-proof against theft and/or vandalism and/or human error or misuse. The manufacturer accepts no liability or responsibility for any damage of any kind whatsoever caused to any vehicle in which the product is installed or any resulting damage from its use. The manufacturer accepts no responsibility or liability for any damage resulting to or theft of the vehicle or its contents caused or alleged to be caused, directly or indirectly, by a failure of the product.
“The Modem” in this device complies with Part 15 of the FCC rules. The operation of this device is subject to the following conditions:
- This device may not cause harmful interference, and
- This device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
- CAUTION: Changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance void the user’s authority to operate this device.